-
July 29th, 2005, 10:06 PM
#11
Inactive Member
Don't worry about putting the plastic iron directly on the hair--no need to kick yourself. When it's all-plastic, it does no harm. I can't tell why you got the frizzy problem, unless it was already frizzed, like you say. I couldn't figure out why my god-daughter's got frizzy either, except that perhaps it got too close to their radiator at her house. So sorry that you had to sell her! I hope that that doesn't happen again!
I've also had good results with the Revlon synthetic wig shampoo, which you can get at "Sally's". But I haven't tried their synthetic wig conditioner yet--only the Downey.
Joy
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ July 29, 2005 07:08 PM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>
-
July 30th, 2005, 01:15 PM
#12
Inactive Member
Hi everybody! I'm new here to the boards and to the Society of AG Collectors. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I was wondering if anyone has ever sent their doll in to the AG hospital to get their hair fixed? My Samantha doll is 12 years old now and her hair is very dull, dry, and frizzy. I never knew it was such a common problem! Will AG treat damaged doll hair or replace their wig, or is their solution to replace the whole head? If they do treatments or wig replacements, about how much does it cost? And were you happy with the results?
I know I could probably call Customer Service and find out, but I wanted to see if anyone had first-hand experience with it.
Thanks all for the advice and very glad to meet you!
-
July 30th, 2005, 02:25 PM
#13
Ashley1972
Guest
If you send your doll in for hair treatment, she will get a new head and it is $38.00 plus shipping. They may not be able to match the head with the skintone of your doll's body and give you a whole new doll. You may not want to do this since you have had your doll for so long. You will not get the same doll back. What we have done to our dolls is in this topic. Joy has instructions in her signature that worked like wonders for a Samantha that I had. You can search this topic for more ideas.
-
July 30th, 2005, 05:01 PM
#14
Inactive Member
I've also heard that it helps to prevent dryness if you spritz the hair with water every once in awhile.
Joy
-
July 30th, 2005, 08:27 PM
#15
HB Forum Owner
Joy, I would just like to thank you. My Molly that I won on E-Bay came and her hair was a little dry. I used the Downey Dunk solution and she is great now. My mom was amazed with the results. She also told me to tell you thank you from her.
-
July 31st, 2005, 11:13 AM
#16
Inactive Member
Thanks for the info, Ashleys Mommy!
Wow, a whole new doll, huh? I was worried that if they wanted to give her a head transplant her skin tones wouldn't match anymore, but I never expected they'd give you an entirely new doll! I'm assuming they'd only charge you the $38 for the new head? And you're right, Ashley's Mommy - after having my Samantha for so long, getting a new doll would just be, well, weird. I'm sure she'd be a very pretty doll, but she just wouldn't be *my* Samantha, you know?
It's disappointing that they won't do hair treatments or wig replacements. I've seen plenty of people around the internet who do their own treatments and replacements. You'd think that AG would offer them, too, since there must be people (like me) who would be willing to pay around $38 in order to get it professionally done. Somehow things never work out for me when I try to get artsy-crafty. [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img] Joy, thank you so much for the photographic tutorial of the "downey dunk" process. In this case, pictures really are worth a thousand words! After looking through it, I may just have to get up my courage and try it.
Just one question, though. Do you find that the Downey Dunk has a "time limit" on it? By this I mean, do the frizzies keep coming back if you don't repeat the Dunk every so often? Just wondering if this is a process that needs to be repeated yearly or twice yearly or what have you, or if it is mostly a one-shot deal.
Thanks again for all your help, everyone. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
<font color="#051E50"><font size="1">[ July 31, 2005 08:15 AM: Message edited by: ksami ]</font></font>
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ July 31, 2005 08:16 AM: Message edited by: ksami ]</font>
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks